Synergy -> Control a number of Computers with 1 mouse and keyboard
- Synergy does not currently share graphics or switch displays. 2 Monitors must be used.
- Synergy is only good for Physical Boxes with their own displays. This software only removes the extra mouse & keyboard.
- Synergy works over the LAN, on a number of OS's - e.g. Linux, Windows etc.
1. Install of Synergy on Windows - having a Windows Client, and a Windows Server
Download the windows install from -> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
Install software on both client and server.
O Use another computer's shared keyboard and mouse synergyservername Advanced Screen Name: synergyservername
O Share this computer's keyboard and mouse (server) Configure: Screens (add): synergyclientname synergyservername Links (add): 0 to 100% of the right of synergyclientname goes to 0 to 100% of synergyservername 0 to 100% of the right of synergyservername goes to 0 to 100% of synergyclientname i.e.: server is right of client client is right of server Advanced Screen Name: synergyclientname
It is quite tricky to get synergy setup and working. Without the second Links, the mouse/keyboard will become trapped inside the client. This is why a second link must be added in.
2. Install of Synergy on Linux - having a Linux Client, and a Windows Server
To do -)